Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (67)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can not wait to read! This meme is the perfect way to add books to your TBR list. Along with upcoming releases, I sometimes include books that I have not had the chance to read or buy even if they have already come out. 
_______________________________________________________________________

Girl in the Blue Coat
by Monica Hesse
Release Date: April 5, 2016

From B&N:
Amsterdam, 1943. Hanneke spends her days procuring and delivering sought-after black market goods to paying customers, her nights hiding the true nature of her work from her concerned parents, and every waking moment mourning her boyfriend, who was killed on the Dutch front lines when the Germans invaded. She likes to think of her illegal work as a small act of rebellion.

On a routine delivery, a client asks Hanneke for help. Expecting to hear that Mrs. Janssen wants meat or kerosene, Hanneke is shocked by the older woman's frantic plea to find a person--a Jewish teenager Mrs. Janssen had been hiding, who has vanished without a trace from a secret room. Hanneke initially wants nothing to do with such dangerous work, but is ultimately drawn into a web of mysteries and stunning revelations that lead her into the heart of the resistance, open her eyes to the horrors of the Nazi war machine, and compel her to take desperate action.

Beautifully written, intricately plotted, and meticulously researched, Girl in the Blue Coat is an extraordinary, gripping novel from a bright new voice.

Goodreads | Barnes & Noble | Amazon |

I looooove historical fiction and this sounds so, so good.

12 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but hope you love it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me, but it sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first I've seen this book, but I like the sound of it. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOo I feel like this is pure rebellion not a little, the cover is quite interesting though. I thought it was a horror book at first, only reading the blurb was I like no it isn't :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the cover's pretty freaky, that's what drew me in at first. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  5. This sounds amazing, I haven't read a book on WWII in a long time and I love historical novels. Thanks!

    Tisha @ My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good! I need more historical fiction in my life =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh. I've never heard of this one 'til now. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found out about this one the other day. It sounds like a fantastic read. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried SO HARD to get into historical fiction but nothing i've picked up yet has been a success. I've had to DNF almost all of them. any recommendations? this one sounds really good but if you read a lot from this genre do you know of any other good ones you really enjoyed?
    Great pick for WoW this week Joana! I love your blog this is my first time stopping by!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read any of Anna Godberson's books? I'd start with her if you haven't. Her Luxe Series is one of my favorites. She also has a Flappers era series that I just started (not as good as the Luxe one, but I liked them as well).

      Delete
  10. Oh wow! This is a great pick, thanks for sharing Joana!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting and reading comments. Knowing what you guys have to say really helps me figure out if you are enjoying what I'm posting or not, so thank you.