Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (26)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can not wait to read! This meme is the perfect way to add books to your TBR list. Along with upcoming releases, I sometimes include books that I have not had the chance to read or buy even if they have already come out. 
_______________________________________________________________________

Flowers in the Sky 
by Lynn Joseph
Release Date: March 5, 2013

From Goodreads:
Fifteen-year-old Nina Perez is faced with a future she never expected. She must leave her Garden of Eden, her lush home in the Dominican Republic, when she's sent by her mother to seek out a better life with her brother in New York. As Nina searches for some glimpse of familiarity amid the jarring world of Washington Heights, she must uncover her own strength. She learns to uncover roots within foreign soil and finds a way to grow, just like the orchids that blossom on her fire escape. And when she is confronted by ugly secrets about her brother's business, she comes to understand the realities of life in this new place. But then she meets him--that green-eyed boy--who she can't erase from her thoughts, the one who just might help her learn to see beauty in spite of tragedy.

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting. I LOVE Orchids! They are so beautiful! Great pick for WOW :)

    http://theparanormaladdictionbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-2272013.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summary sounds very interesting. I love the cover too, it very simple and pretty. I'd love to read some reviews of the book before I decide on reading it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Haven't heard of this one but like the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting and reading comments. Knowing what you guys have to say really helps me figure out if you are enjoying what I'm posting or not, so thank you.