Friday, April 13, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (16)

Feature & Follow Friday is a meme hosted by Parajunkiee's View & Alison Can Read. Check out their blogs and the two Featured Bloggers of the week!

This weeks question is:
"What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaption of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?"

My answer:
I'm always hesitate to see any of my favorite books become movies because I always set really high expectations and then get disappointed, which I'm sure everyone does, but I'm particularly nervous about the upcoming adaptation of City of Bones by Cassndra Clare. I devoured that series when I first read it and absolutely loved it. And while I'm excited that I will be able to watch it, I'm just scared they won't do a good job with it. The books are very long and are filled with so much detail that unfortunately most of it will probably get cut out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.
What about you?

4 comments:

  1. A lot of people seem hesitant about the City of Bones - or ANY of Cassandra Clare's books! I think there's a lot going on in them that would just have to be left out in movies, which would be lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for following me. I'm following you back. I noticed a lot of people chose The Mortal Instruments. It will be interesting to see how the movie turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for following me :) Following back! I hope they do the books justice :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and following! I've followed back.

    I'm nervous about CoB too. Although I think I'd be nervous about any Cassandra Clare book being made into a movie.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting and reading comments. Knowing what you guys have to say really helps me figure out if you are enjoying what I'm posting or not, so thank you.