Author: Diane Rinella
Release Date: Nov 28, 2012
Genre: Edgy/NA Romance
Genre: Edgy/NA Romance
Hi Diane! What can you tell us about your book in 140 characters or less?
Love’s Forbidden Flower is a dark human rights piece disguised as a witty romance novel.
What inspired you to write Love's Forbidden Flower?
The whole thing started when I watched The Buttercup Chain, a 60’s counter culture film. The two main characters are cousins, via identical twins, who were raised as brother and sister. A small part of the story is based on their obvious romantic connection. The woman is accepting of her emotions while the man is conflicted. Both the book and the film taunted you with the situation but never gave you enough of it to make the storyline satisfying. Upon doing research I discovered that there are so many biases toward the subject that I could not find a single book that really tackled it non-judgmentally. Yet the more I dug, the more common I found the real-life situation to be. There are definitely stories to be told, and I wanted to do so while making the reader forget about the relation and just see the unfairness of societies biases.
Do you ever experience writer’s block? How do you get through it?
Definitely. With me it is brought on by a lack of confidence, either about myself or my work. Once I find the source, I just need to work my way through it. Life then falls back into place.\
Tell us 4 interesting things about yourself.
- I’m a vintage rock fanatic who shows off her autographs with pride.
- I am such an original Battlestar Galactica fangirl that I made several costumes, including two light-up helmets.
- I drink tea out of a cup used on the original Dark Shadows TV show.
- I’ve been involved in the Rocky Horror Picture Show since I was seventeen.
What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
I worked as an office manager for a company that provided in home nursing. I had a horrible boss who constantly berated people to the point of tears. We would come in each morning and wonder who would be the day’s target.
What book are you currently reading?
All Too Beautiful, the story of Steve Marriott. I love British men!
THIS OR THAT:
- Coke or Pepsi? “All I wanted was a Pepsi, and she wouldn’t give it to me!”
- Sweet or salty? Combined!
- Summer or winter? Summer weather, winter holidays.
- Full House or Family Matters? Got any cheese?
- Dogs or cats? Cats to own, dogs to play with.
- Cake or pie? I used to make high-end wedding cakes.
- History or science? History, for the romance value.
Once again, thank you for sitting down with us & good luck with your new novel!
About the Author:
Enjoying San Francisco as a backdrop, the ghosts in Diane’s 150-year old Victorian home augment the chorus in her head. With insomnia as their catalyst, these voices have become multifarious characters that haunt her well into the sun’s crowning hours, refusing to let go until they have manipulated her into succumbing to their whims. Her experiences as an actress, business owner, artisan cake designer, software project manager, Internet radio disc jockey, vintage rock n’ roll journalist/fan girl, and lover of dark and quirky personalities influence her idiosyncratic writing. She is currently completing the sequel to Love’s Forbidden Flower.